Dog Holidays and Training
If your dog is returning to The Dog House please re-use The Dog House jute bag.
Your dog will need:
• A plain (no studs or metal attachments), strong, snug-fitting collar bearing an ID tag with
• 2 days of your dog's current diet to convert to The Dog House bespoke diet (if necessary please advise us of any allergies or special dietary requirements in writing prior to arrival)
• Something with the scent of home that your dog is familiar with eg bed liner, old towel etc (for first-timers
only and training courses)
• All medicines must be clearly labelled with the dog's name and owner’s surname. Please supply from your vet a copy of their medical history.
•Please supply clear written instructions about any medication to be given, and this must also please be supplied in writing to us as soon as possible before arrival
Tablets, ointments and injections will be administered at the owner’s request, but no responsibility can be accepted by ‘The Dog House’ for any consequent complications from an existing condition. ‘The Dog House’ reserves the right to call out a veterinary surgeon when we deem necessary. All fees will be paid by the owner. In the event of a medical emergency, we will contact the owner, however, if unavailable, the owner agrees upon booking to give full consent for their dog to be treated as necessary (including hospitalisation, anaesthesia etc.) Non-urgent medical issues or treatment will be notified in their end of stay report.
•All training courses – please note we require a dog’s favourite toy on their first stay undergoing any
Your dog will not need to be sent with:
• A food/water bowl
• A bed
• Toys or any items of sentimental or financial high value
When arriving at The Dog House your dog must:
• Be in reasonably good physical shape
• Be free of parasites (fleas, worms and ticks) and undergoing current effective worming, and flea/tick
prevention programme. (If this is not the case we will treat your dog on arrival and a charge will be made)
• Have up to date vaccinations (certificates will be requested) including Infectious Bronchitis, commonly
known as Kennel Cough. Kennel Cough Vaccinations must be given a minimum of three weeks prior to a
• Be micro-chipped by law
• For pictures of your dog during its stay please click on Instagram or Facebook. Please confirm if you would not like your dog posted on social media.
• Be recently groomed and bathed (if long-coated, to have had a recent practical close trim, especially around eyes and pads of feet) - if not this will be actioned on arrival. Please note that a dog with long fur covering their eyes (even partially) will very likely be overly sensitive, nervous and potentially aggressive particularly to sudden close movement. If you have any specific grooming requirements please let us know or send a picture before your dogs arrival.
Please click on below buttons to see full information regarding necessary grooming requirements and delivering and collecting your dog and if your dog is taking any medication please complete the medication form and return before stay.
Transportation to The Dog House
The Dog House' state of the art bus runs weekly from Wales to Hammersmith, West London with pre-arranged pickups along the M4 corridor. Allowing easy, comfortable transportation to our facility.
Please notify us of who will be collecting or dropping off your dog to The Dog Bus and provide their contact details for security reasons.
If you are unable to get your dog to our Dog Bus or would like to arrange your own transport for your dog we recommend the following:
Vet Assist - 07961 952 379. Pick up from London and near M25 with drop at our meeting point in Hammersmith, London
(ask for Hugo or Camilla - 07778 05 66 18)who will pick up from anywhere in Europe or the UK and deliver your dog to us in Wales directly.